If you are going to use your jigsaw for cutting metal, you are in the right place. You know that you can cut any materials by jigsaw if you select the right blade. Using a metal cutting jigsaw blades, you can cut harder materials like stainless steel, softer metals like Aluminum, sheet metal, metal pipe, and many more.
Unlike other saw blades, jigsaw blades are treated as consumables. So you have to maximize your selection both price and productivity.
We research hours to conclude how to select the best jigsaw blades for metal. Here you will get proper guidelines when you are going to buy jigsaw blades. We will show you what important factors you should consider and review some top products in the market.
Hear overview of best drill bit for drilling stainless steel has given bellow.
- For Thin Metal Cutting: Bosch Jigsaw Blades For Metal (T321AF3-3 Pieces)
- Best jigsaw blade for sheet metal and mild steel: Extra Long Jigsaw Blades For Metal (BOSCH T718BF3- 3 Pieces)
- Best jigsaw blade for thick Metal: Dewalt DW37705 – 5 packs metal cutting blade
- Best for medium type metal like aluminum: Dewalt Jigsaw Blades For Metal (DEWALT DW37245)
- Best Black And Decker: Black And Decker Jigsaw Blades For Metal
If you want to know can a jigsaw cut metal? then read this blog post.
Bosch Jigsaw Blades For Metal (T321AF3-3 Pieces)
-Very fast cutting in sheet metal
Extra Long Jigsaw Blades For Metal (BOSCH T718BF3- 3 Pieces)
-Extra long blade for thick panels
Best Jigsaw Blade For Thick Metal
-Can cut very fast
Dewalt Jigsaw Blades For Metal (DEWALT DW37245)
-Can cut license plate n condition like good saw, good work surface
Black And Decker Jigsaw Blades For Metal
-sturdy and powerful design
1. Bosch Jigsaw Blades For Metal (T321AF3-3 Pieces)
This blade is bi-metal type construction. It is a T-shank blade, fit 90% of all current jigsaw that support T-shank. It is highly flexible, durable, and longer life. The bosch t shank jigsaw blades metal 5 pints T-shank grip provides more power and less system loss.
The tooth construction is weavy and milled and 21 TIP. The working length is 4-7/64 inches.
This blade is suitable for sheet metal 10 to 16 gauge, soft metal aluminum, and non-ferrous metals. The blade can cut thin metals ranging from 1/16 inch to 1/8 inch both ferrous and non-ferrous, metal pipe with diameter 5/64 inch to 3-1/8 inch, tube stock, and angle iron.
The blade pack contains 3 pieces of blades.
- Very fast cutting in sheet metal
- If run slow then can cut solid steel shaft, but blade will dull quickly
- Able to withstand in complex and risk situation
- 10 times longer life
- Can not cut aluminium extrusion smoothly
2. Extra Long Jigsaw Blades For Metal (BOSCH T718BF3- 3 Pieces)
Bi-metal construction increases the durability and lifespan of the blade. The blade has 14 TPI and the working length is 6 inches. The blade construction is wavy and milled, giving a very clean cut.
These T shank jigsaw blades for metal can withstand where the risk of shank breakage is high by its flexibility and tough feature. It fits where the blade should be extremely versatile. This Bi-metal blade’s life is twice long as HSS and 10 times longer than HCS.
Can cut through sandwich material, mild steel, non-ferrous metal. This blade can cut sheet metal and mild steel thickness up to 4-3/4 inches. This is one of the best jigsaw blades for the thick metal category.
The blade pack contains 3 pieces of blades.
- Extra long blade for thick panels
- This is suitable for thick metal
- Flexible for metal
- Give cleaner cut
- Can cut aluminum rail 1.5” x 3/4”
- For thick metal bit slw but the price is very fair for the performance
- Cant cut small radius due to its width
- Cant cut tool steel and stainless steel
3. Best Jigsaw Blade For Thick Metal
This type of blade is suitable for thick metal. The Dewalt DW37705 – 5 packs metal cutting blade has curve design teeth. This is a 14 TPI and T-shank blade. This cobalt steel bi-metal blade quickly ejects chips through deep gullets. The blades are extremely durable.
- Can cut very fast
- Can cut plate upto ½ inch
- Can not cut stainless steel
- Can not cut more than ½ inch plate
4. Dewalt Jigsaw Blades For Metal (DEWALT DW37245)
Dewalt u shank jigsaw blades for metal are constructed as a combination of both cobalt and steel. This Bi-metal blade has a curved tooth design, which minimizes its stress point. This curved and bi-metal design increases its durability.
This is U-shank blade fits only a universal jigsaw. This blade is 3 inches long and 18 TIP suitable for medium type metal like aluminum brass. The blade pack contains 5 pieces of blades.
- Can cut license plate n condition like good saw, good work surface
- Can cut through heavy materials
- Can cut 1/8 mild steel, but it will reduce sharpness quickly
- Fits only U-shank universal type jigsaw
- Can not cut stainless steel
5. Black And Decker Jigsaw Blades For Metal
This is a U-shank type and fits all universal type jigsaw. In this pack, there are 24 blades for cutting wood or metal. Metal cutting blades are suitable for aluminum, and non-ferrous type materials. The blades can cut both medium and thin metal.
What factors consider when choosing the best jigsaw blades for metal?
Go through the factors and consider which are convenient features of jigsaw metal blades for your purpose.
There are mainly 4 types of jigsaw blades available in the market based on their manufactured component.
- High-carbon steel: This type of blade is flexible and suitable for wood cutting. Not able to cut metal. But to increase its hardness, the manufacturer sometimes adds cobalt. This blade is very inexpensive.
- High-speed steel: This type of blade is suitable for metal cutting but very brittle and less flexible than the HCS blade.
- Bi-metal: Bi metal jigsaw blades are very suitable for thick metal, hard metal, and sheet metal. This blade is the combination of both HCS for its body and HSS for teeth. So this combination of bi-metal gives it the flexibility of HCS and cutting durability of HSS. This blade is a ten times longer life than both single-type HCS and HSS.
- Tungsten carbide: This blade is made of a combination of tungsten and carbon as a grit. Sometimes tungsten is used to strengthen the teeth of the blades. This blade has extreme heat and temperature resistance capability. This blade can cut all types of harder materials, including stainless steel, fiberglass, and ceramics. This blade is more costly than other types.
Blade Length and Thickness
Blades length should be ½ inch longer than the thickness of the materials, otherwise, the blade will jump during cutting.
Thickness is the factor for cutting curves. The thinner blade is suitable for tight curves. Approximate 3/8 inch can cut gradual curves and ¼ inch can cut tighter curves.
Blades Shank type
There are U-shanka and T-shank are available in the market. The T-shank type is now very popular due to its tool-free blade changing feature, and can fit all T-shank type jigsaw.
U-shank type only fit for Universal type jigsaw. And during blade change need to lose the screw and then manually adjust the blade, so it gives little hassle.
T-shank and U-shank blades are not interchangeable due to their different shapes and nature.
Blades Tooth configuaration
The tooth of the blades is measured by Teeth Per Inch (TPI). This is the main factor for the performance of the blades besides blades materials. Fewer teeth can faster and rougher cut but less finishing, and more teeth cut slower but smooth finishing.
Generally TPI range between 6 to 32 for jigsaw blades. For metal cutting, TPI should be 14 to 24 range. Also, consider blade tooth shape and pattern. Standard tooth direction is pointing upward and reverse tooth direction is downward direction cutting.
During metal cutting 14 to 18 TPI is for fast cutting in softer metal and thin-walled pipe. And 18 to 24 TPI is for controlled slower cutting for thicker and harder metals.
What is the Best Jigsaw Blades for Aluminum
When cutting aluminum with a jigsaw, a blade with a high tooth count and fine-toothed design is best. T-shank blades with carbide teeth are recommended, as they are durable and provide smooth cuts. A blade with a variable tooth pitch can also be helpful, as it can reduce friction and minimize heat buildup. The ideal blade should have at least 18 to 24 teeth per inch (TPI) for thin aluminum sheets, and 10 to 14 TPI for thicker sheets.
What Is The Best Jigsaw Model for Cutting Aluminum
It’s difficult to determine the best model for the best jigsaw blade for cutting aluminum as it can vary depending on the specific application and personal preference. Though standard TPI for aluminium menshoind above (10 to 18-24) but in the market popular brands has less TPI.
Some popular options include BOSCH T127D, BOSCH T127D 5-Piece, and DEWALT DW3755H 4-Inch 8 TPI. It’s recommended to choose a blade from a reputable brand known for producing high-quality jigsaw blades, and to consider the specific features and specifications that meet your cutting needs.
Focus Points How To Choose Jigsaw Blade for Aluminum
The main focus point for choosing the best jigsaw blade for cutting aluminum is to select a blade with high durability, accuracy, and smooth cutting performance. The blade should have a high tooth count and fine-toothed design to ensure a clean and precise cut, and a t-shank design with carbide teeth for added durability. A blade with a variable tooth pitch can also help reduce friction and minimize heat buildup. It’s also important to consider the thickness of the aluminum material being cut and choose a blade with the appropriate TPI.
- Choose a blade with a high-grade steel construction, such as a bi-metal or carbide-tipped T-shank design blade. These types of blades can handle the heat generated from cutting aluminum.
- Look for a blade with a high tooth count, such as a 10-14 TPI (teeth per inch), At least 18 TPI for thin aluminum sheets. The more teeth on the blade, the smoother the cut.
- Make sure the blade is designed for aluminum. The teeth should be designed in a way that provides a clean, smooth cut.
- Avoid blades that are too large for the job you’re doing. Blades with too many teeth can create too much friction and heat, which can cause the aluminum to melt or warp.
- Choose a blade that is compatible with the type of jigsaw you’re using. Some blades are specifically designed for certain jigsaw models, so make sure you choose the right one.
In the above discussion, we have seen that different types and brands of metal cutting blades. You can easily find out which blade is a perfect match for your project.
You can see also these jigsaw blades for cutting metal as well.
What jigsaw blade can cut curves?
The blade has small width and is able to withstand cutting stress can cut curves. If you want a tight curve then find thinner blades.